We can’t wait to welcome you back for our 2023 festival! Please find some further information about your event below.
Arriving in your own car, campervan, or caravan?
Please do not follow your sat nav as you approach the site. There is a very narrow bridge on the B5016 to Walton that you must avoid! From the A38, look for the yellow festival road signs that will lead you to the entrance. Please keep driving with the flow of the traffic and avoid stopping or pulling over. The police will be enforcing a tow away zone for any pulled over vehicles.
Campervans and Caravans will need to have their passes scanned before entry into the camper fields. Please have your tickets ready and follow the instructions of the traffic marshals.
Arriving by public transport?
The closest train stations to Catton Hall are Lichfield and Burton-on-Trent, from there you can get a taxi to the festival where we will have a designated drop-off point. Likewise, if you’re getting a lift from someone, you can follow the festival road signs to the drop off point.
- Festival gates will open on Thursday 25th May at 9am. Please do not arrive before this time.
- Entry to the site will be available from Thursday to Sunday, 9am to 9pm.
- Please download, print, or screenshot your e-tickets & passes before you leave home and have them ready in advance of your arrival to speed up queue times.
- Please do not travel in a campervan unless you have pre-booked a campervan pass. Our campervan fields are fully booked.
- All cars/campervans/caravans/motorbikes staying on site will need a vehicle pass.
You can pre-book your car parking space for £21.40 here: https://bit.ly/44WJyWO Alternatively, car parking passes will be available on the day for £30 (cash only). Sleeping in any vehicle in the car park is prohibited.
Blue Badge car parking
Please book a car parking ticket and display your blue badge. Stewards will direct you to blue badge parking situated near to the main wristband exchange entrance.
What to bring and what not to bring
- Tickets – downloaded/printed or screenshot ready to be scanned.
- Credit or debit card, or phone payment methods
- Cash, but not too much for your own security!
- Portable phone chargers
- Ear protection, especially for little people
- Clothing & footwear that is suitable for all weather (you never know with the UK!)
- Suncream & hats (fingers crossed we’ll need them!)
- Large amounts of cash
- Tents that are bigger than you need, smaller tents = more space for all!
- Disposable BBQs, campfires, firepits & braziers
- Glass bottles, containers etc
- Everything including the kitchen sink, travel light, you know it makes sense!
There are a wide range of food vendors on site this year, you can view the full list on the Bearded Theory website here: https://beardedtheory.co.uk/food/
This year we will be operating 6 bars throughout the main festival arena, serving at all the main stages. The bars will be open from midday, Thursday to Sunday. You will be allowed to bring your own alcohol into the arena, but we ask that you please help to support the festival and our traders by supporting the bars and other outlets. Brand information can be found here: https://bit.ly/3M5vn9B
Our official festival programmes will be available to purchase from the merch stand and from our hawkers around the site. This year we have introduced a new wearable lanyard which includes set times for when you’re on the go. The official souvenir book includes a festival site map, set times, other information for the weekend and will be available as a package with the lanyard for £10. A limited number of lanyards will be available for £5 on their own.
Official Bearded Theory merchandise will be available to purchase from Merch stalls in the main arena. Look out for the festival merch tent next to the Pallet Stage.
Festival wi-fi will be available on site for the price of £5 for one day or £10 for the full weekend. You can use the wi-fi to stay connected on the day, but please avoid any Netflix binges! It will not allow you to stream video. Just look out for the “Public Wi-Fi” network and follow the instructions to sign up.
We’ll be sharing exclusive content throughout the weekend on facebook.com/beardedtheoryfest and instagram.com/beardedtheoryfestival, join in the fun and follow along – and make sure you tag us in all your pics!
- The site closes on Monday at midday.
- Plan your departure time, try and avoid the AM rush!
- Collect up all your belongings and please use the bins provided for your rubbish.
- Be patient, allow plenty of time to get home, drive carefully.
- Sign up for 2024 http://www.alttickets.com/re/bearded-theory-2024 and save the date May 23rd – 26th
More information can be found at General Information & FAQs | Bearded Theory